When handling fireworks, please use caution and find a safe place outside of city limits. Always remember, you can never be too safe. Use fireworks at your own risk, and follow closely the list below:
- Always buy from reliable sellers.
- Always read and follow label instructions.
- Have an adult present.
- Use outdoors only.
- Always have water handy (a garden hose and a bucket).
- Never experiment or make your own fireworks.
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Never re-light a dud firework (wait 15-20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water).
- Never throw or point fireworks at other people.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- The shooter should always wear eye protection and never have any part of the
body over the firework.
- Stay away from illegal explosives.
- Carry fireworks in their original bag or box.
- Except for sparklers, a punk should be used to light fireworks. A match or lighter
is required for sparklers.
- Do not drink alcohol and light fireworks. Have a Designated Lighter.
This information brought to you by The National Council on Fireworks safety. www.fireworksafety.com